Tuesday, June 30, 2009

the past is a grotesque animal


A few minutes ago i sat down and picked up the world made straight because it was a book in my house that i've never read. I have a lot of things in common with the main charecter, travis. Except he steppe din a bear trap this one time. It was pretty excrutiating to read.

Yesterday I was walking outside barefoot, looking for a part of the ground that was the perfect temperature. The sidewalk was okay, but too grainy. The pavement had been baking all day in the sun, way too hot-I had to do a little awkward skip/hop thing. The grass was too itchy. The perfect place was, unexpectedly, in the shade from my car. I say down and meditated a lil bit. Ate some jimmy johns. Read for summer asignments. Went back inside.

Two mornings ago I woke up at 8. It was a strange feeling. I biked 18 miles or so with my friend John to break in my new road bike. Its still a little awkward getting on and off. Maybe my car is jealous. I wouldn't know. My cars name is seabiscuit. Just a little fact you might nevever need to know. Just like there are four chickens for every one person in the world. Yass yass.

I met some guy. I don't remember his name but he had perscription ray bans that were cool as hell. He wore plaid like me. He told me about Michigan and Burlington and music and I told him about ceramics, public arts schools, and cats cradle. He and a friend had driven from Michigan, stopped in Durham, for no reason in particular, and were driving to California the next day. How strange it was that we were both in the bike shop, wearing plaid.

Atmosphere is playing at the cradle in July. I think I might go. I want to.

I listened to npr for over an hour today. I mean, i was doing other things too but it was all about rights for people under eighteen, the shitiness of america's resources for the mentally ill, and how great north carolina beer and wine is. I'm pretty sure the spokeswoman had turrets. But thats okay. I would have never thought a person with turrets would be on the radio, but it happened, and i'm totally down with that.

I meant to ask my SAT teacher if she'd ever written a book. Then I remmebered that I'd always wanted to ask Mr. Cross, Ms Barbaza, Ms Deldotto, Ms Johnson, Ms Van Dis, and Mrs Cross if they'd ever written books.I kind of want to write a book. It'd be something that a person in trainsition would enjoy, like Hatchet.




Later.

3 comments:

  1. One of my teachers here at GSE has written 7 books. A few of them were won best book of north carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. will you go to the eno fest saturday

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is weird...longest time i haven't seen you!
    but i hope hope you'll be there tomorrow
    i feel like i heard you would be?
    from matt possibly? idunno

    but if not, mayhaps i'll see you tomorrow P.M.?

    ReplyDelete