Saturday, May 30, 2009

bigger than guns, bigger than cigarettes


Today i've been super busy. Will's surprise party thing was earlier, then we played basketball. From there I played pickup soccer at east campus and got mad sweaty, it was fun though, soccer is really the only sport i'm good at. And lacrosse I guess

My group in apush presented our Vietnam video, mr van skike loved it. I'm pretty sure thats one of the only things i've been apart of that hes been really, genuinely impressed with. Well, besides that dbq that I did really well on. He talks about what hes gonna do in retirement a lot now, i'm glad he didn't retire until now

Sara's shin-dig was last night. It was pretty alright, except she bitched out my friend. troy had left, and when sam and elly and nick and I went to get limes, nick and I almost left but we came back and so did troy and i'm glad I stayed. It was really fun after that first initial tongue lashing.



anyway, onto this here music review:



Passion pit, a pretty new electonica/techno sounding band. Colin showed them to me maybe 2 weeks ago and they've become one of my favorites. I'd say if you like mgmt you'd like passion pit.



and nooow, onto this here movie review:



Trainspotting.
I watched this the night before the first day of exams. It definitely has a European sense of humor, very hilarious. Its a lot like Requiem for a Dream and Blow in the whole 'need to shoot up now' sense, and all the struggles that that entails (jail, waiting, bitterness, stealing) but its just a bit different, mostly because its a different culture. And thats why I like it.


But uhh, thats the wrap. Stay classy.

2 comments: